RULES CHALLENGE SALOU
In each test they will apply. The sports rules of the corresponding federation, being the following a basic summary of the aspects that usually generate more doubts:
- Neoprene cannot be used above 23ºC and will be mandatory below 16ºC. It is optional between both water temperatures.
- It is allowed to swim with the bib as long as it is below the neoprene, otherwise it is prohibited.
- It is allowed to swim with compression legs below the neoprene.
- In the transition area, the bike has to be left alone without any separate element on the ground. The items that the participant needs must be left in the transition bags (glasses, helmet, etc.)
- It is only allowed to leave the cycling shoes as long as they are placed on the pedals without touching the ground, both in the transition of swimming-cycling, and the cycling-running one.
- Whenever there is contact with the bike it is mandatory to wear the helmet on and fastened.
- It is mandatory to leave the bike and the transition bags during the check-in time. On the race day the access to the bike and the transition bags will be available until 07:50AM.
- It is not allowed to help neither in mechanical breakdowns nor delivering spare parts or tools in the bike sector.
- The fact of shorten sections of the bike sector will lead to direct disqualification.
- It is not allowed to follow any participant with any vehicle, bike, skate or on foot in any of the sections.
- Foreign aid of any kind is prohibited except in the running supply, where you can deliver gels, bars, etc.
- The delivery of this personalized food service should be made through a family member, friend or coach. If it is done in any other area, the athlete will be automatically disqualified.
- It is mandatory to wear the bib always in a visible way. In the back during the bike sector and in the front during the running one.
- The relays must pass the chip and the number as a witness and must wait for their partner to arrive within the transition area.
- A lack of respect towards the judges or a member of the organization will cause the disqualification of the athlete.
- The use of headphones, phones, cameras and other objects is not allowed in any part of the race.
- It is mandatory to carry the chip on the ankle during the entire race and to return it when checking out.
The registration to this test implies the explicit and implicit acceptance of this regulation and each of its points.
The registration is personal, non-transferable and valid for the 2021 edition.
PRICES, INSCRIPTIONS, CHANGES AND RETURNS
- Mode changes are not allowed, neither changes of one participant for another, nor of a club member for another of the same team / club, under no circumstances.
- The cancellation / return insurance can only be contracted at the time of registration; entitles the refund of 100% of the amount except for management expenses and the amount of the insurance.
- Cancellations or cancellations can or should be made in writing up to three weeks before the test (the third Monday before the test). In case of not being made within this period, under no circumstances are they entitled to the refund of any amount.
- Cancellation / cancellations without insurance made up to three weeks before the test are entitled to a refund of 50% of the registration fee, excluding management costs.
- Changes of one test by another, or by the next edition, are not allowed.
- NON-FEDERATED participants in triathlon must add the accident insurance for the test with the amount of € 10 at the time of registration, both in the individual mode and in the relay (the insurances in the test are individual non-collective).
- Cancellations or modifications of the tours or any of its parts for reasons beyond the organization, will not under any circumstances refund the amount of the registration.
- Faced with meteorological factors or major forces involving the modification of part or all of any of the test sections, the organization has the right to propose an alternative test over another distance and other routes depending on the circumstances (aquathlon, duathlon) , running, etc.). In none of these cases will the event be postponed to another date, nor will it entail reimbursement of the registration fee to the participant.
During the cycling section, drafting or “going to the wheel” is forbidden, this being a penalty for judges. To control this rule, the organization has the following means:
|1||8:00||Gold||PRO Men||Middle Distance|
|2||8:10||Silver||PRO Women||Middle Distance|
|3||8:40||Red||Age Group Men < 45||Middle Distance|
|4||8:45||Green||Age Group Men > 45||Middle Distance|
|5||8:50||Pink||Age Group Women||Middle Distance|
|6||9:00||White||Relays||Middle Distance Relay|
- Judges on a motorcycle.
- Judges at fixed points.
Drafting means the fact of being located less than 20 meters (PRO category) and 12 meters (Age Groups category) behind another competitor or less than 2 meters laterally. A triathlete can invade the drafting zone only to overtake the triathlete that precedes it. To perform this maneuver there is a maximum time of 25 seconds and, if after this time the overtaking has not occurred, the rule will be violated. A triathlete may enter the drafting zone of another triathlete, subject to the decision of the judges and officers, under the following circumstances:
- If you advance before 25 seconds.
- For safety reasons and circumstances of the circuit.
- In a refreshment.
- At the entrance or exit of the transition area.
- In sharp turns.
- Other safety reasons determined by the judges and officers such as the passage of an emergency vehicle through the cycling route.
A triathlete who is reached must immediately leave the drafting area of the triathlete that is passing him once he has been passed by it.
The penalty for violating this rule involves a warning with a BLUE card, which implies a mandatory stop of 5 MINUTES in the next PENALTY BOX zone (transition zone). Each participant penalized will be informed during the test by the judges and it is their obligation to comply with the 5 MINUTES of penalty. Failure to complete this mandatory stop will result in the disqualification of the participant.
It will also be penalized with a BLUE card if the triathlete throws garbage or any object out of the areas enabled for it, that is, in the provisioning zone of the cycling sector.
- Blue card = 5m penalty
- Yellow card = 5m penalty (2 warnings equals a red card and therefore direct disqualification)
- Red card = disqualified
CIRCULATION AND CIVICS
The sporting use of roads and streets is an exceptional circumstance. It is therefore essential that participants use the right side of the road when there is nothing to prevent it in order to prevent any incident and to collaborate with the auxiliary personnel and the police located in the routes. The auxiliary personnel and the signaling of the routes inform of where the test should pass, but it is not the obligation of the participants to know which are the different circuits of the test.
It is FORBIDDEN to throw any container or cycling drum outside the areas destined for it at the refreshment stations. The judges will penalize this infraction with 5 minutes of stop at the nearest PENALTY BOX.
The participation by relays can be in masculine, feminine or mixed teams of 2 or 3 people. And they must follow the following rules:
- Each team must have a hat, a chip and a bib.
- The witness is delivered giving the number and chip to the partner.
- From the start of the competition until crossing the finish line, the chip must be carried by the member of the team that is competing. It should always be worn on the ankle.
- The collection of numbers and check-in can be done by a single component of the team, as long as
it shows the identification.
- DORSAL: DNI (original, photocopy, photo on the phone) of the components of the equipment (in its entirety), and in case of being federated must also be accredited.
- CHECK IN: identifying material such as: bicycle with bib number, helmet with labels, hat, bib, bracelet and chip.
- Access to the transition area of the people who make up the team, can be done from the start to run on foot by showing the identification bracelet to the control staff and must wait in the area enabled for your bike within the marked area.
CUT OFF TIMES
|05:15:00||SWIM + T1 + BIKE|
|08:30:00||SWIM + T1 + BIKE + T2 + RUN|
As established by GDPR (The EU General Data Protection Regulation) and Law 34/2002 of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSIC), guarantees the participant that CHALLENGE SPAIN SL (CIF: B55229975) as an organizing entity is aware and informs that:
- All personal data provided by the person enrolled in the test using the relevant forms on the web, will be automatically incorporated into a database exclusively used by CHALLENGE SPAIN SL.
- The objective of this BBDD, which is treated confidentially, is to manage the data of the test performed, such as results, photographs, videos and surveys. The latter will provide statistical data and information to improve in later editions.
- Through the registration form, the participant expressly authorizes the transfer of their personal data to receive information, advertising, services, promotions and news of events held by CHALLENGE SPAIN SL or any of its sponsors.
- These authorizations can be revocable at any time without retroactive character. Which means that any participant can cancel the given consent and exercise their rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition, by contacting CHALLENGE SPAIN SL located in the POLÍGON DE L’ALBA, AVDA VILAFORTUNY num.23 – NAVE 4, 43480 VILA -SECA (TARRAGONA).